The importance of iPhone and iPad software update cannot be overemphasized. Updating your iPhone and iPad to the latest ios version will keep your phone updated with the current enhanced interface and security features released by apple to ensure optimal performance of your device and security.
Hackers are consistently attacking your phone for vulnerability. You have to understand that once a software is released hackers get to work immediately, they try every possible means to penetrate and once they do you and your phone is in a bad place. So be mindful to always update your phone to the latest ios version to avoid your information and finances being compromised.
Software updates also improves the general functionality of your phone. updates can improve the phone speed, battery, charging and applications. It fixes also bugs and malware in your phone.
This tutorial will guide you to update your iPhone’s, iPad’s and apple watches. Without wasting much time the procedures below will show you how to update your iOS devices.
How to Update your iPhone to Latest Software Version
Apple will always send you a message once an update is available. So If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps:
- It is better to launch the update when during bedtime. Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If apple sends a message asking to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for your device to update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed automatically.
- Once the update has been downloaded tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
- If asked, enter your passcode. If you don’t know your passcode, learn what to do.
If your phone runs on With iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, you can have your device update automatically. To do this turn on automatic updates feature on your device. Go to Settings > General > Software Update, then tap Automatic Updates. Your device will automatically update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Some updates might need to be installed manually.